That has been my day. Still going strong. Making strides but need. to. keep. focusing. This week will be awesome…if I finish this paper.
So with every page I reward myself with Tumblr. Dammit.
Gaga is out of hiding and sporting a fabulous new chariot by KEN BOROCHOV of MORDEKAI. Gaga commissioned Ken to create then one-of-a-kind wheelchair to help accessorize her post-hip surgery recovery.
“I certainly wasn’t expecting that phone call and have never done a wheelchair but am always up for a challenge and was thrilled to create what I affectionately dubbed the Chariot, a chair fit only for a queen.”
Some tidbits about Gaga’s new chariot:
- Ken’s inspiration came from the idea of a Queen’s throne..
- The finished product is a 24 Karat gold-plated chair with a black buffed tufted calf leather seat complete with a removable leather canopy.
- The leather portions were inspired by a motorcycle jacket and produced in a car factory.
- It has a sexy high back and is able to recline 180 degrees.
- The wheels were special ordered spoke rim wheels from LA. They were gold plated in Dallas and assembled in Wisconsin.
- Ken had about 1 week to complete the project.
If Ken’s name sounds familiar, it’s because Gaga has worked with the designer before. During the FAME launch at the Guggenheim Museum, Gaga sported a 24 Karat gold-played crown created by Ken, during the FAME launch in London, Gaga sported a gold bracelet with a set of armor nails that became known as The Claw, and before Gaga’s performance with The Rolling Stones, Gaga sported a bird cage-like contraption on her way to the venue. (x)
Like, Jennifer Lawrence got an Oscar for portraying my LIFE.
Why doesn’t a nice camera crew follow me around?
They’d have SUCH A GOOD STORY.
My life: Unscripted. Holy cow that’s perfect.
And some good editors to make sure I look good in Final Cut.
(See what I did there? Editing joke.)
Okay the end. Bye.